Job Purpose/ Accountability: To develop and Execute Test Cases to the needs and requirements as per the defined business.
- Conduct Requirement Analysis to understand requirements from end users perspective.
- Conduct Impact Analysis to analyse the impact of new requirement on the existing product.
- Design and create test scenarios and scripts to address business and technical use cases.
- Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Analyze and evaluate user needs and develop Testing Solutions.
- Maintenance of an accurate library of test cases covering project requirements.
- Creating automation scripts for regression testing
- Conduct various tests like Functional Testing, Regression Testing, Retesting, System Testing, Integration Testing, Smoke Testing and Sanity Testing, etc.
- Identify, report and prioritize defects and work with the development team to locate and assist in resolving defects.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triagingof issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate, using Microsoft VSTS orsimilar tools/means.
- Conduct testing on different environments and platforms
- Support production deployment of applications and perform “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows.
- Senior QA: mentor the Jr. team members – interpersonal and work related issues
REPORTS TO: Product Owner
Qualification: Graduate/Post Graduate in any stream of engineering or equivalent, MCA, MSc (CS)
Experience: 2 – 3 years
Essential Attributes (Experience / Exposure characteristics)
- Understanding of SDLC and STLC,
- Good Knowledge on Agile Methodologies.
- Technical background and an understanding of the Healthcare industry
- Database skills, mainly in Oracle and SQL Server
- Good experience with different Operating Systems, with emphasis on Unix variants.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of IP networking, protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, etc.
Functional / Technical Competencies:
- Good development/scripting skills in common languages like any programing language (VB, JAVA, PERL, C++, etc)
- Good understanding of object oriented programming c, c#, J2EE architecture, .NET, etc
- Knowledge of automated testing tools, like WinRunner, QTP, Rational Robot, Ruby,Selenium etc.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
Behavioral Competencies: Excellent communication skills, Interpersonal skills, Ability to work in a team, Collaborate, people management